A C R Y L I C C E M E N T I T I O U S T W O C O M P O N E N T WAT E R P R O O F C O AT I N G
Dr. Fixit Pidifin 2K is a acrylic cementitious, polymer modified elastomeric, waterproofing & protective coating
composed of best quality Portland cement, properly selected & graded aggregates, additives & acrylic emulsion
polymer as a binder. It is applied to waterproof and protect concrete and masonry substrates.
- Excellent as a waterproof coating for bathrooms, kitchen sinks, balconies, etc.
- Ideal as a coating for waterproofing of chhajjas, canopies, etc.
- As waterproof coating on internal sides of domestic water tanks.
- Can be applied over internal damp walls and concrete surfaces due to its excellent bonding.
- Elastomeric flexible coating that accommodate cracks up to 1 mm with an elasticity up to 80%
- Excellent resistance to ingress of water
- Excellent adhesion to concrete and masonry surfaces
- Non-toxic with low VOC content
As a “potable water safe” coating for waterproofing of water tanks.
Method of Application
S U R FACE P R E PA R AT I O N
- The surface of application must be thoroughly prepared by mechanical means, to remove all loose particles, laitance, etc.
- Oil and grease, if any, must be de-greased with suitable solvents. It then must be washed off with jet of water and brought to touch dry state. Any surface undulations, cracks and crevices must be duly filled or repaired with cement sand mortar mixed with latex polymers such as Dr. Fixit Pidicrete URP.
- Shake the liquid component well to a homogenous milky colour.
- Use heavy duty slow speed mechanical mixer fitted with a suitable paddle for mixing the two components of the material.
- In a mixing vessel, slowly add the powder component in to the liquid under continuous stirring. Continue to stir thoroughly to achieve a lump free homogeneous slurry.
A P P L I C AT I O N
- It is important that any pipe inserts or sanitary fittings should have been fitted grouted with suitable products from the Dr. Fixit range well before taking up the application.
- Grout pipe inserts using Dr Fixit Bathseal Tape and Dr Fixit Bathseal Grout.
- It is mandatory that all works of plumbing and sanitation must be complete before taking up application of Dr. Fixit Pidifin 2K.
- The surface of application must be pre-wetted thoroughly with water & brought to a touch dry state. Take up the first coat application with a stiff nylon brush. Work well into the substrate, to ensure that all small undulations are completely filled with the coating.
- 6 to 8 hrs after completion of first coat, take up second coat application in a direction perpendicular to the first.
- Complete the application and leave to air cure for 2 days. A moist hessian cloth can be kept over the coated surface to protect it from the effect of direct sunlight, in case of bathrooms and internal areas. Leave the coating without water curing for 2 days at least.
- In new bathrooms, typically, Dr. Fixit Pidifin 2K must be applied all over the sunken slab portion and upwards over the masonry walls up to a height of 6-7 feet, i.e. Over the splash zone of shower, etc. to ensure complete waterproofing.
- For vertical walls in bathroom ensure internal plaster level is sound and leveled mixed with Dr. Fixit Pidiproof LW+, Apply 2 coats of Dr. Fixit Pidifin 2K on all over or shower area, sprinkle the coarse, quartz sand while the second coat is still wet. This will provide key for subsequent tile adhesive materials
G E N E R A L WAT E R P R O O F I N G A N D WAT E R P R O O F I N G O F WAT E R TA N K S
- General waterproofing is applied in areas exposed to foot traffic, it must be protected with a screed overlaid, during the application itself.
- When the coating for internal walls of water tanks, after second coat sprinkle coarse sand on wet coating to facilitate plastering.
- If the membrane is applied in areas exposed to foot traffic, it must be protected with a screed overlaid, during the application itself.
Precautions & Limitations
- Do not part mix. Mix the entire quantity of both the components at one go.
- Do not dilute.
- Always add powder to liquid to avoid lump formation.
- Do not cure by flooding with water.
- Cure the membrane with moist hessian cloths.
- Pond test for water tightness shall be carried out only after seven days of complete and proper curing
Fixit has the largest collection of Dr. Fixit brand products including waterproofing pidifin, waterproofing expert, waterproofing & repair etc.