S B R LATEX FOR WATERPROOFING & REPAIRS
Dr. Fixit Super Latex is based on modified Styrene butadiene latex used for high performance applications in waterproofing and repairs. It is used for repairs of spalled concrete such as – floors, columns, beams, chhajjas, slabs & waterproofing of toilets & bathrooms & terraces. It bonds strongly to old & new concrete & plaster.
Multipurpose – It is multipurpose & economical product, easy to use
Cracking – It prevents cracking by improving flexural strength
Hardness – Improves the hardness & prevents dust generation
Shrinkage – Reduces drying & aging shrinkage cracks
Bonding – Bonds strongly to concrete, masonry, stone work, plasters, steel & mostof the building materials.
Erosion & corrosion – Improvers erosion resistance & prevents corrosion.
Abrasion resistance – Improves abrasion resistance of cement mix.
Waterproofing – Prevents leakage & dampness.
Durability – Enhances strength of a repair mortar & provides durability.
Rebound loss – Less material wastage- material does not fall back/ rebound, when used as bonding agent.
Coverage – Excellent Coverage -70-80 sq.ft per kg/ in 2 coats, hence economical.
Method of Application
1 SURFACE PREPERATION
- Clean the surface with wire brush or scrubber to remove hidden dirt, loose particles, laitance, & dust. Degrease the surface by using suitable solvents.
- Repair the concrete spalled portion by saw cutting the extreme edges of the repair location to a depth of at least 10mm to avoid featheredging & to provides strong substrate.
- Clean the concrete surface to remove any contamination where breaking is not possible. Roughen the surface by light scabbling or grit blasting.
Precautions & Limitations
- Recommended dosage to be followed to achieve desired results.
- When working in hot temperature conditions, extra water may be added to the repair mortar to compensate for the evaporation loss & make the mortar workable.
Preparing the Mixes for Bonding & waterproofing applications
1 kg of super latex will cover 70 – 80 sq. ft. area in 2 coats for a proportion mix 1 : 4 : 7
(Super Latex : Water : Cement).
For Patching and concrete repair
Recommended mixing ratio: 5 kg Dr. Fixit Super Latex + upto 15 ltr Water 50 kg Cement + 150 kg Sand.
- Recommendations for other applications are given in above tables.
- Best before one and half years from the date manufacture when in sealed pack and stored under proper condition.
- Store in a cool & dry place in unopened condition away from direct sunlight.
Health & Safety
- Use rubber hand gloves & safety goggles, while using Dr. Fixit Super Latex.
- In case of contact with skin, wash with plenty of water.
- Keep out of reach of children’s.