Description: A multipoint lock system is a type of locking mechanism used on residential doors, particularly on entrance doors. It consists of multiple locking points along the door, such as the top, bottom, and sides, which can be activated all at once using a single key or handle. This provides additional security and strength to the door, making it more difficult to break in.
- Material: Typically made from durable materials such as stainless steel, brass or zinc with different finishes such as polished brass, satin nickel, or oil-rubbed bronze
- Type: Available in various types such as Mortise, Euro Profile or Surface mounted multipoint lock systems.
- Number of locking points: Ranging from 2 to 5 locking points depending on the specific product and manufacturer.
- Operation: Can be operated by a key or handle, with a variety of options such as keyed alike or keyed different.
- Compatibility: Designed to fit standard residential doors with specific backset dimensions and borehole configurations.
- Testing: Many products have been tested and certified by industry standards organizations such as ANSI/BHMA, UL and CE.
- Maintenance: Require minimal maintenance, regular lubrication and cleaning is recommended to ensure smooth operation.
Note: Please keep in mind that the specifications may vary depending on the specific product and manufacturer.
Fixit has the largest collection of yale brand locks including padlock, door lock, bicycle lock. door closer set, door handle lock etc at the best price.